Happy patients make a happy practice. There are a number of ways you can make your patients’ visits more positive, but dry hydrotherapy is one of the most effective.
“Dry Hydrotherapy” may sound like an oxymoron, but it really gives your patients the best of both worlds: the healing power of heat and water without any of the mess or discomfort. Our hydromassage tables provide immediate relief for multiple conditions.
- Pre Therapy– Relaxes nervous tension and muscle guarding to attain easier, less painful, more complete physical outcomes for your patients.
- Post Therapy– Relaxes patient following manual therapy to stabilize and reduce tendency of muscle spasm to pull the body out of position.
- Relax tense, apprehensive, or emotionally distraught patients– The mind which is restless, perturbed, vacillating, and even despondent becomes calm, quiet, peaceful, and subdued. There is a strong link between stress and illness. Stress plays havoc on spinal and musculoskeletal disorders. Many doctors notice that their patients are more susceptible to disease after an emotionally stressful event.
- Headaches– Headaches due to nervous tension and of cervicogenic or cervicocranial etiology relating to neurological impingement, or spinal strain/sprain will especially benefit.
- Sports injuries- Reduces pain, inflammation and edema in the post acute phases of ligamentous and muscular tears. Promotes more rapid healing through increased circulation and local metabolic rate. Prevents formation of aberrant painful adhesions through massage and accelerated mobilization of injured parts.
- Chronic pain– Generalized effects are achieved through gait control stimulation and beta endorphin suppression of prostaglandin, in addition to the sedative effect of heat and massage.
- Poor circulation / lymphatic flow– Both heat and massage are well known for their effect on increasing circulation through vasodilation and increased capillary permeability. Massage through its kneading affect induces increased lymphatic flow.
- Before and after exercise or athletic activity– Increases elasticity of soft tissues through increased circulation and its warming effect, thereby preventing the accumulation of soft tissue micro trauma or acute strains and sprains. Promotes increased circulation and lymphatic flow preventing the accumulation of noxious metabolic waste products after exertion.
- Chronic post traumatic conditions– Reduces pain and chronic inflammation and increases elasticity of fibrotic tissue resulting in greater mobility. Reduces painful aberrant adhesions.
- Joint stiffness– The heat increases circulation and allows for more pliable joint capsules and supporting ligamentous/tendonous and muscular attachments in addition to surrounding soft tissues.
- Nerve injuries and neurologic disorders– Aids in pain reduction and promotes more rapid healing through increased circulation and metabolism. Helps maintain normal circulation and lymphatic flow. This in turn assists in providing proper nutrients and elimination of metabolic waste products in paralytic conditions such as paraplegia, stroke, and multiple sclerosis, muscular dystrophies and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Helps prevent muscle wasting due to temporary paralysis in conditions such as compressed spinal nerves from ruptured discs and various other motor nerve injuries as well as some stroke patients.
- Promote more rapid healing of soft tissue injuries– Through increased local circulation and metabolic rate.
- Increase musculoskeletal flexibility / elasticity- Through generalized relaxation of mind and muscle tension. Increases circulation and allows for more pliable soft tissues.
- Accelerated remobilization in musculoskeletal and soft tissue injuries– Reduces pain, swelling, inflammation, and painful adhesions in the post acute phases.
- Post traumatic / surgical adhesions– Increases elasticity and separates aberrant painful fibroelastic tissue.
- Bursitis- Generalized effects through gait control stimulation and beta endorphin suppression of prostaglandin. Promotes more rapid healing through increased local circulation and metabolism.
- Chronic non-infectious inflammation– Generalized effects through gait control stimulation and beta endorphin suppression of prostaglandin.
For more information and to begin the process of bringing a hydromassage table into your chiropractic clinic, call us at 800-330-7260 or email us at email@example.com. Sidmar will help you provide the best for your patients and open more opportunities for your services.